Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 476


This is a temporary visa granting the applicant to live, work and study in Australia for up to 18 months.
This visa permits fresh graduates of selected international universities to get up to 18 months of skilled work experience in professions in demand in Australia.
As this visa holder, applicant may apply for permanent residence at any time if they are able to meet the pass mark on the General Skilled Migration points test.

This visa permits the applicant and any secondary applicants included in visa application to stay in Australia for up to 18 months with no limitations on work or study. Throughout this duration applicant may choose to:

  • Travel
  • Work
  • Undertake further professional studies
  • Study to improve your English skills.

This is not a point based visa. Applicant must meet the following eligibility conditions:

  • Recognized international Education.
  • English language proficiency.
  • Age, applicant should be under 31 years and must provide document evidence.
  • Health; the medical examination are only applicable for restricted time. So undertake the medical test only after the department asks the applicant to do so.
  • Character; applicant must be of good character.
  • Eligible degree, the suitable degree can be anything of a bachelors, masters, doctoral degree or postgraduate diploma. The Specialization can be Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical, Production and Plant Engineering, Mining and Material Engineering.
  • Australian value statement; all the migrant above 18 years need to sign a statement after reading the and understanding the book “The Life In Australia” stating that he/she understood and respect the way of life in Australia.

In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:

  • bachelors degree
  • masters degree


  • doctoral degree
  • postgraduate diploma


Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:

  • civil engineering
  • structural engineering
  • chemical engineering
  • environmental engineering
  • electrical and electronics engineering
  • mechanical, production and plant engineering
  • mining and material engineering.

Further Information, Help, And Advice

EM Advisers has over twenty years of experience helping people immigrate to countries all over the World. If you feel that you can pass the points test and wish to immigrate to Australia, fill out our free contact us form and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.

For more information and advice on Australian immigration law and Australian visa applications please contact us on 03100051222 or at info@emadvisers.co

Scroll to Top